Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Liz Earle Haircare


As you all know, my current obsession is my hair, I am trying to get it in the best condition possible so it will grow as long as possible... Easier said than done sometimes!

The one way I have been doing this is trying to use haircare products with no SLS or Silicones. I have worked out that the SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulphate) really dries out my scalp and Silicones were weighing my hair down a lot, which gets worse as my hair grows longer. I really need a shampoo and conditioner that keeps my roots lifted and keep too much oil at bay.

The Liz Earle haircare range has one shampoo, designed for all hair types and there are three conditioners. I chose the conditioner for oily hair as my hair is so fine and gets greasy very quickly! There is also conditioners for Normal and dry/damamged hair.

The one thing I really love is that these products have a lot of natural ingredients in them, I honestly think that natural skin and haircare is the way forward, they can do so much and are really multi purpose!

What Liz Earle Says:
Shampoo:

With West African shea butter, natural source vitamin E, shine-boosting apple and orange extracts plus naturally derived cleansers, our shampoo gently cleans without stripping to leave hair soft, shiny and smooth. Contains no sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate.

Wet hair thoroughly, massage into a rich lather from root to tip – a little shampoo goes a long way.

Naturally active ingredients include natural vitamin E, west african shea butter to moisturise plus apple and orange extracts boost shine.

Conditioner:

With black cohosh, yangu oil, blue seakale and shine-boosting apple and orange extracts, our ultra-light, finely balanced colour safe conditioner leaves oily, dull, limp or lifeless hair shiny, volumised and full of life.

Massage into clean, wet hair after using Botanical Shine Shampoo.

Naturally active ingredients include black cohosh extract, Kenyan yangu oil to help smooth the hair shaft, plus apple and orange extracts to boost shine.

What I say:


The ingredients and descriptions look amazing, but for me I really have to try out haircare products for at least a month to see how they work with my hair. I find that after that time shampoos and conditioners simply stop working and start to weigh my hair down, It may be due to the silicone that is in them meaning I am getting a lot of product build up. To be honest I dont know if Liz Earle's hair care products have silicone in them, they state they are SLS free... but not silicone free which I found a bit strange, but searching through the ingredients I dont see anything that shows that there is silicone in it.


The shampoo foams up nicely when applied to my wet hair, though it has to be overly wet sometimes to get a good lather. I always wash my hair twice when I am in the shower and I have a habit of washing my hair every day (I know, its bad for it). I find that with using the shampoo alone, my hair gets very tatty and quite matted so I have to use the conditioner afterwards as my hair is so thin. 


Shampoo and conditioner


I have about 2 washes left in my tube of shampoo, I always use up shampoo long before conditioner! Mainly because I wash my hair twice and I used to condition my hair only twice a week. With the Liz Earle haircare range, I use my conditioner every day  and my hair never feels weighted down or lank. I am still going through my conditioner a lot slower though. I use it on the mid-lengths and ends only and once a week do my scalp as well to make sure it doesn't get dry.


At the beginning of using this, my hair felt so weightless and my roots seemed to lift and I had lovely volume. Now though, it seems to be falling again, but that could be to do with the length my hair is getting and it is just heavier than before. Considering there doesnt seem to be any silicones in this, my hair is always very soft and 
manageable, which is what Silicone pretended to do. 





Its also great to note that I have been using this shampoo on Amber, and it is really doing wonders for her cradle cap. It is nourishing her scalp and making sure that it doesn't dry out and make things worse. Her hair smells gorgeous afterwards and so light... considering she doesn't have much hair!






Amber is very happy with it!! Are you going to be too?! :)




Overall I find this range excellent, I would definitely buy this again, but I find that I don't get any more than one day out of my hair before it gets really greasy the next day. I will be on the lookout for a shampoo and conditioner that gives me more than one day, I don't like having to use dry shampoo so much!




Shampoo Retails at £7.50 for the 200ml Tube and the Conditioner is retailed at £7.50 also! 


They also offer 50ml sizes for £4 so you can try them out beforehand!

No comments:

Post a Comment