Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Current Favourites and Regrets

This month has been a bit boring for me, I havnt been buying any cosmetics since my birthday... but I see the newest trend is 'shopping your own stash' so I am happy enough with that! It saves me money too... were saving up to buy a dog!

I have a few favourites which have been treating me very well the past while and some I would definitely repurchase.


Liz Earle Moisturiser for Normal/Combination skin
I have yet to find a moisturiser that I like better than this one. I still consider myself a bit of a 'noob' when it comes to skincare, but this one has really taken care of my skin. Now that it is Winter I have to use more of this, but that's no problem to me as it glides on effortlessly. It can feel a little oily so putting make up on over this is a must for me. I never really do 'no make up days' (you never know who's going to call at the door). I may not buy this again right away as I have my Origins moisturiser to use... I just hope its good!

Liz Earle Superskin Body Cream
You can read my review on this here. Very heavy, thick and extremely moisturising... just perfect for me!

Trilogy Cream Cleanser
I wont go into too much detail here, because this really deserves a full review. But my skin has never looked so clean and even!

Nars Sheer Glow - Santa Fe
Still my favourite foundation, best applied with fingers and layered lightly, this gives me such glowy skin. I look so much healthier when I wear this!

Trilogy Organic Rosehip Oil
An amazing oil, I have been using this for well over a month now and I love mixing it with my moisturiser. A full review to come!

MAC Lipstick - Syrup
This is my "go to" lip colour when I cant decide what to wear. It looks great with and without a tan and it is my favourite Lustre finish.

REGRETS


My two regrets for this month are:

Clinique All about Eyes
Seriously, I have never used such a bad eye cream... it doesn't de-puff me, doesn't get rid of dark circles and it seeps into my eye making it bloodshot and makes my vision cloudy. I talked to the girl at Clinique and she was saying I was just applying it too close to my lash line... but no... I tried not putting it anywhere near there and it still happened!! I have another sample of this and an All About Eyes Rich to use as well... but to be honest I will give them away. They are ridiculous.

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Lip Protector
Rubbish... This never lasts on my lips, every time I use it my lips get more and more chapped and its going down way too quick for my liking. Simply dont like it...

What are your current favourites that you think you cant do without?

No comments:

Post a Comment